How to use a pendulum
1. Make your mind ready. Free yourself of internal and external noise. Clear your mind of worries. Do not multi-task. Relax and focus. Quiet, non-lyrical music (music without words) may help, along with other meditational aids like candles, incense, and crystals - but these things are not required and you can, use your pendulum anywhere, at any time, with or without these extra items.
2. Position yourself and your pendulum. Ideally, you want to sit up straight and if possible, put both feet flat on the floor. Grasp the pendulum's fob between your thumb and forefinger - or if you prefer, you can grasp anywhere along its chain, as long as you leave a couple inches between your fingers and the pendulum’s weight stone. Arch your wrist slightly, steady your forearm (but not your hand) on something solid, like the edge of a table or arm of a chair. Let the pendulum just dangle. Try to hold very still, but don’t worry if your hand shakes a little bit. This won’t affect the outcome.
3. Program your pendulum’s signals. You only need to do this step once, unless you decide to make changes afterward. The purpose of programming is to establish signals for each of these answers:
- Yes - Front to back or Clockwise circle
- No - Side to side or Counterclockwise circle
- Maybe - Swinging in 45 degres
Page 1 of 2